Take it easy...

the blog which is published my essay or diary written in english in NZ.

Thursday, December 22, 2005

15/12/05

Today was a very long time. It was also wonderful time I had ever met since I came here. I and friends made Japanese curry and rice for my friend’s host family and for our friend, Trevor, who we met at church and taught us the Christ.

We went to New Save to buy a curry roux. As my friend’s host mother had prepared vegetables, we didn’t have to anything else. My friend couldn’t find a knife, a paring knife and other important tools for cooking. I found them in a dish washer when we were trying to cut vegetables with a batter knife. 10minutes later Trevor came there. He likes Japanese food. When he saw curry being made then, he looked exited. We were waiting for it was finished feeling excited and uneasy about if we could make it well. At the same time my friend’s host father came home, the curry was just finished. We couldn’t wait for eating, though her other host hadn’t came home. We ate all at once. It was delicious! We succeeded to make carry very well. We were very happy. After we finished eating, her host mother and children came back. All of them said ‘yummy!’ to us. We were very glad to hear that.

When I feel relaxed in her host house, I found baseball shin guards. I was surprised and asked her. She told me that her youngest host brother played softball. Since I came here I had really wanted to play baseball. I asked her host brother to play catch. Firstly I couldn’t throw well because of a blank and of the differences of ball size. My touch was coming back gradually. I really enjoyed playing catch. Her host father told me that they will play soft ball every Saturday. I offered to be a coach. I’m really looking forward to playing softball next year.

Her host father asked s to go skating. I’ve been to there twice. we could enjoy skating in the park near her house. While we were skating, sometimes the game started. A DJ introduced the game. I and my Japanese friends couldn’t understand all the game, so Trevor told us the rules. This became a good experience because in Japan we can’t met such a great game which we enjoy with people in the same place. Her host family went home before 9:00 but they suggested to us to play until the park closed at 9:00. We want to go there again, though my Japanese friends will go back one week later.

After skating, we went to the temple which is decollated for Christmas. It was so beautiful. I haven’t seen such a great Christmas lights. I also looked at the illumination of houses around the temple. I think if this was in Japan and snow, it would be more beautiful. We met many of Trevor’s friends. We stay there talking with the new friends until the Christmas lights were turned off.

We had a great time that we will never forget. We will separate after another week. However, we’ll meet again in Japan because Trevor wants to work in Japan. Today was the last time to meet in NZ, but we’ll never forget each other. The photo we took together the end of today will be a my great treasure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home