Take it easy...

the blog which is published my essay or diary written in english in NZ.

Thursday, December 22, 2005

17/12/05

It was a terrible night last night. I fell asleep before 10:00. Suddenly someone came into my house. I didn’t know about these visitors, I woke up and went to check them. They were my host father’s parents. After I knew that they would stay here the night, I fell asleep again. It was midnight. I was frightened at the sound of someone was hitting window. The sound gradually became loudly. I asked my host grandparents to help. My host grandfather opened the door with chain lock. My host brother who is a Saudi was standing there. How terrible it was. This caused by my host grand father. He didn’t think that there was new lodge except me and locked a chain. The Saudi had a door key but he couldn’t unlock a chain. Last night I was woken twice! I couldn’t sleep well, especially after the Saudi hit my window.

I got up at 6:00. I overslept. I hurried and left my house on time. I got to my friend’s house 15 minutes later than our plan. I apologized to all friends for being late. To make maters worse we got lost. I had a road map to Taupo and it showed the quickest way using Route3. However, we seemed to miss to turn left on the correct corner. I drove looking for sign post but there was no sign post to Taupo. I couldn’t do anything except to ask a driver. I asked him how to get there. He told me to follow him. He led me to Route1. We were grateful to him for his service. On our way my friend phoned the company to tell them that we would be late and to know whether we could do skydiving in such bad weather. We hoped the weather would be better.

We got there half an hour later than planned. The weather hadn’t changed. We really wanted to do skydiving but all we could do was take some photos with a plane. I didn’t have to hurry in this bad weather. We went shopping to kill the time until two of my friends would meet their friends in transport center. I knew that they would go to Rotorua after they would do a huka jet which is one of the exciting activities in Taupo I and other friends had nothing to do so we decided to follow them and to do the huka jet. Before we went to the hika jet, we visited Huka Falls which is one of the famouse places in Taupo. It is very beautiful river, I think if I fell down into the river, I couldn’t live.

After we ate lunch at Burger King, we did the huka jet, which was very exciting. We wore a special suit and life jacket. The driver was very funny. He drove a jet boat very fast along the river side and spun 360°many times. I took a photo in front of Huka falls during his introduction. We bought an album in memory.

I was exhausted when I arrived home after driving all alone. I could sleep until next evening. Next time I hope I can do skydiving!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home